KO (2011) Mandolins
The K series of Breedlove mandolins became an instant classic. Through the mind and hands of Kim Breedlove, the traditional Florentine shape has been transformed into a more modern, less frilly version of itself. The American KO has an oval sound hole which provides nice resonance and an open tone. This innovative design combines the traditional woods of Sitka Spruce for the top and Flamed Big Leaf Maple for the back and sides creating lots of sustain and volume. With a radiused fingerboard and oversize frets, Breedlove mandolins are extremely comfortable to play. The clear satin finish allows you to see all of the natural beauty that these lovely woods have to offer.
- KO (2011) Specifications
- Nut Width 1 3/16”
- Tuners Hardware Gold Gotoh
"I love the mandolin and play it regularly. The quality is outstanding and it's visually beautiful."
- M.K, Webster Groves, MO
Love It! |
"I really love what you guys are doing. This is my third Breedlove mandolin and I love them. Thanks."
- K.M, Milwaukie, OR
Love what you guys are doing! |
"I chose BL for:
1. its value - best instrument in my price range, (and is better than many I tried which were way out of my price range - $3.5 - 5K);
2. its craftsmanship - tone, action, intonation, and woods;
3. meeting my taste in instruments; its tone & projection (and harmonic ringing);
4. its being versatile for several styles;
5. its beautiful design elements, contours and angles (I personally don't like F style instruments, but love the beauty of your K);
6. its beautiful color - I have a thing for blonde instruments;
7. its handmade construction;
8. its location - being made in Oregon;
9. its dealer - Apple Music, who I will recommend highly to others looking for instruments.
I just really love this instrument - its sound and physical beauty. I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds once the wood opens up. I can't imagine it being any better than it is now."
- D.B, Vancouver, WA
9 reasons to own this mandolin |
"I'm a beginner on mandolin, but 35 years on guitar. Cotten Music Center is a great store. I said I was interested in a mandolin, and salesman said "Want to see the prettiest one, or the one that sounds the best?". I opted for the best sounding, and he handed me the KO Quartz. He was right, and I went home with it."
- J.W, Livingston, TX
Sounds the Best! |