The Finance Manager will not only be responsible for all general ledger, financial planning, management reporting and cost accounting, but also for driving process improvement and cost reduction initiatives for our fast growing organization. This position will report to the General Manager and be a key member of our company’s leadership team.
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger. Including: month-end and year-end closing; balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries; cash management; maintain fixed assets, accounts receivable and accounts payable; ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP; monthly expense analysis.
- Overall responsibility for inventory management. Including standard cost accounting system; labor and material variance analysis; support year-end inventory physical count; and monthly cycle counts.
- Assist Sales Department in approving new customers and calculate sales commissions.
- Responsible for overall company annual budget process and reporting. Prepare interim reforecasts as needed.
- Perform multi-functional value-added financial analyses such as product line profitability, promotional efficiency, new product financial projections and profit improvement studies.
- Proactively pinpoint problem areas for improvement, offering suggestions and assistance to other functional areas.
- Prepare and maintain corporate dashboards that highlight key financial and operational metrics.
- Responsible for property, casualty, worker-comp insurance programs.
- Participate in new product development process and provide all related financial modeling including product cost estimates and impact of product changes.
- Make recommendations to drive manufacturing plant efficiencies and cost savings.
- Supervise payroll processes and own relationship with external payroll processing firm.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Finance or Accounting.
- 4+ years of Finance experience is required.
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Excellent Analytical, leadership and communication skills.
- Orientation towards details and driving results.
- Extensive practical system knowledge (Advanced Excel, Modeling, PowerPoint).
- Strong team player that manages collaboratively with all stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role, please send resume and cover letter to recruiting (at) twooldhippies.com