Human Resources and Assistant to Owner
This position description outlines the basic duties performed in this position; it is not meant to be comprehensive and other duties will be assigned as appropriate. This description also identifies the basic tools and equipment used along with the expectations of and qualifications for the position.
This position is 2-fold in that it will champion the company’s human resource program and support the business demands of the owner.
Human Resources – 70%:
The Human Resource Manager coordinates, drives, and is actively involved in executing the Human Resources services, policies, programs and initiatives of the. The Human Resource Manager leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, safety, quality, productivity, and goal attainment.
* Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
* Provides day-to-day guidance regarding employment practices, safety, security, risk control, record-keeping, handbook interpretation, state and federal laws, training, associate relations, communications, pay practices, performance appraisal, and corrective action.
* Serve as Camp Counselor with CoHippies by providing a listening ear, coaching and guidance, and offering a place for them to communicate their job related concerns and challenges. Keep managers informed and work with them to develop solutions and resolution.
* Develops, recommends, and implements human resource policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains associate handbook. Interprets company policies, procedures and benefits.
* Actively develops and implements recruiting activities, assuring that properly qualified associates are recruited and hired in a timely manner.
* Provide on-site administration of TOH benefit programs.
* Complete on-boarding of new hires, provide new employee orientation and help to start them off with TOH fundamentals.
* Manage payroll for our location, from preparation of time sheets through distribution of pay checks.
* Maintain and develop company’s HRIS system.
* With input from others, develop company’s job descriptions.
* Handle workmen’s comp and unemployment insurance claims. Maintains detailed and accurate employee records with regard to such claims. Monitors frequency and suggests avenues for improvement to reduce these claims.
* Coordinates supervisory training in areas related to human resources, such as safety, CoHippie counseling, giving discipline and positive recognition.
Assistant to Owner– 25%
Work hand-in-hand with company president by
* Meet with Tom on a daily basis to coordinate the day and define objectives.
* Manage his schedule while in Bend.
* Coordinate follow-up to defined objectives and help these to stay on track.
* Takes notes at meetings when requested.
* Serve as go-to person for Tom’s administrative needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
* Proven clear thinker, rational, well organized, level headed, solution oriented.
* Able to maintain confidentiality and safeguard information.
* Works well with a team
* Advanced MS Office skills.
* Bachelor's degree required in Business, Human Resources, Communication or other related discipline
* Minimum 5 years of experience in an HR role showing progressive levels of responsibility with evidence of employment coaching, and benefit and pay administration.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Two Old Hippies Stringed Instruments is seeking a motivated Social Media & Marketing Associate to join the Marketing team. This person will work closely with marketing team members to execute strategies and manage other projects and initiatives.
We are seeking a candidate who can implement a daily, highly responsive, as well as proactive, social media program for our brands: Breedlove, Bedell and Weber. Must be willing to learn product lines. Must understand the power of effective communication with consumers across various media platforms.
- Performing social media and blog engagement activities (crafting, posting, and tracking posts across various social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) as directed in support of our social marketing initiatives.
- Organize and maintain an editorial calendar, with posts drafted and scheduled for future publication.
- Performing editorial tasks (visiting URLs, copy & pasting data, cleaning up text files) as directed.
- Assist with delivering media content to key publishing and PR partners.
- Assist in trade show logistics and other special projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital and social media platforms and the differences between them
- Basic writing skills
- Self-starter willing to challenge the status quo and bring new ways of thinking to the position and Marketing department overall
- Exceptional planning, organization, prioritization and multi-tasking management skills for effective, efficient, timely and on-strategy execution of all assigned projects
- Ability to quickly learn and use software technology
- Passion to exceed expectations and desire to be the very best at what you do
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Basic Computer skills a must
Preferred but will train the right person
- Social Media management software such as Hootsuite and Vocus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
If you are interested in this role, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com