USA Concert Cinnamon Burst E Sitka-Mahogany Guitars
Sound frequencies travel most efficiently through lighter materials. With this in mind, Breedlove designers sought a solution for the USA Concert Cinnamon Burst E Sitka - Mahogany that would reduce weight and bring the acoustic guitar to life in a player’s hands. Through this search, we achieved the thinnest finish to-date on a Breedlove – a mere 5 mils on top and 2 mils for the back and sides. With Sound Optimization, our Sitka tops are thinner, the mahogany backs a bit thicker and the sound hole smaller to hit our target fundamental resonance frequency for textured big sound. This is a very versatile instrument.
- USA Concert Cinnamon Burst E Sitka-Mahogany Specifications
- Body Type Concert
- Neck Wood Honduran mahogany
- Solid Wood Top Sitka spruce
- Solid Wood Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Top Finish Cinnamon Burst Satin
- Back & Side Finish Satin open pour
- Fretboard African ebony
- # Frets 20
- Nut Width 1.75"
- Tuners Hardware Breedlove, nickel
- Lower Bout Width 15.37"
- Waist Width 9"
- Upper Bout Width 11.28"
- Body Length 19.875"
- Body Depth 3.75" (neck), 4.5" (tail)
- String Gauge D'Addario EXP 16's
- Pickup LR Baggs EAS
- Bridge Delta bridge, African ebony
- Binding Black top binding
- Inlay Offset dots
- Case Deluxe hardshell
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Sound Hole 4"
- Crafted In Bend, OR USA
Concert Body Shape
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact, and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
The asymmetrical headstock is featured on CM, Concert, Auditorium, and 12-String body shapes. This headstock isn’t just a pretty shape – it’s specifically designed to keep the strings in a straight, even line from the nut to the tuning pegs. The result is even tension, stable tuning, and ease of alternate tuning.
Sitka Spruce Top
Sitka spruce, picea sitchensis, originates in the northwest United States. Sitka spruce has been the primary top wood for American-made instruments for decades. It is strong and light with extended harmonic content, and it nearly equals the power of Adirondack. It offers a strong, focused tone with a solid fundamental -- perfect for flatpicking styles. When compared with European spruce, Sitka delivers warmer, more fundamental sound, largely free of overtones. Sitka takes a slightly longer period of playing time to open up. It has a straight uniform grain and coloration ranges from white to pink to light brown.
Mahogany Back and Sides
Mahogany is a medium-lightweight wood, ranging in color from light brown to dark, primarily used for necks because of the feel and the stability it provides. Balanced, resonant tone with notable sustain. Thick bottom end, rich midrange, and controlled, warm top end. Found from southern Mexico through Central America and south to Brazil and Bolivia.
We are pleased to present these very detailed specifications for your 2019 Breedlove acoustic guitar, which was crafted in Bend, Oregon. In addition to dimensions, we have listed every piece of wood in this model: its common name, scientific name, and country where the tree grew. We use no clear-cut wood. We either salvage dead trees or individually harvest to minimize the impact on the forest. You can travel globally with your Breedlove worry free. No permits are needed. That said, it might be helpful to have this information on hand if you are traveling internationally. We suggest printing out this information and carrying it with your guitar to avoid any misunderstanding or timely waits with border customs officials.
- Sound Optimization
- Top Finish Cinnamon burst satin
- Back and side finish Satin open pore
- Body Shape Concert
- cutaway None
- headstock shape Asymmetrical
- scale length 25.5"
- number of frets 20
- nut width 1.75"
- lower bout width 15.37"
- waist width 9"
- upper bout width 11.28"
- body length 19.875"
- body depth at neck 3.75"
- body depth at tailblock 4.5"
- sound hole diameter 4"
- tuners Breedlove, nickel
- electronics LR Baggs EAS
- string gauge D'Addario EXP 16's
- case Deluxe hard shell
- Wood and Animal Contents
- Top Sitka spruce | Picea sitchensis | United States
- Back and Sides Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- neck Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- fretboard African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Cameroon
- bridge African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Republic of Congo
- headstock overlay African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Republic of Congo
- body binding Plastic
- body purfling None
- fretboard binding None
- fretboard purfling None
- headstock binding None
- headstock purfling None
- bracing Sitka spruce | Picea sitchensis | United States
- back strip / side brace Honduran mahogany |Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- kerfing African Mahogany | Khaya senegalensis | Republic of Congo
- bridge plate Eastern hard rock maple | Acer saccharum | United States
- neck / tailblock Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- bridge truss na
- logo Polyester
- fretboard inlay Polyester
- nut / saddle Bone | Bubalus bubalis | China