USA Concertina E Mahogany-Mahogany Guitars
This is one of the sweetest Breedlove acoustic guitars we build. The comfortable Concertina body shape in an all mahogany body with ultra-lightweight design. Sound Optimized, of course. It weighs less than 3 ½ pounds. It is 25% lighter than other all mahogany Breedloves. Designed for Versatile. Playing Style. The sound is warm and centered in the mid-range, making it exceptional as a vocal accompaniment instrument.
- USA Concertina E Mahogany-Mahogany Specifications
- Body Type Concert
- Neck Wood Honduran mahogany
- Solid Wood Top Honduran mahogany
- Solid Wood Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Top Finish Satin open pore
- Back & Side Finish Satin open pore
- Fretboard African ebony
- # Frets 18
- Nut Width 1.75"
- Tuners Hardware Breedlove, nickel
- Lower Bout Width 14.75"
- Waist Width 8.64"
- Upper Bout Width 10.828
- Body Length 19.08"
- Body Depth 3.25" (neck), 4" (tail)
- String Gauge D'Addario EXP 16
- Pickup LR Baggs EAS
- Bridge Delta bridge, African ebony
- Binding None
- Inlay Offset dots
- Case Deluxe hardshell
- Scale Length 25"
- Sound Hole 3.875"
- Crafted In Bend, OR USA
Concertina Body Shape
Introducted in 2018, Breedlove’s small body guitar, delivering a surprisingly clear, crisp, loud sound. It’s 12-frets to the body design make it a joy to play. Extensive Sound Optimization™ engineering has resulted in a body shape that has a bigger sound and is more comfortable to play than a traditional parlor.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
Mahogany top, back and sides
Mahogany is a medium-lightweight wood, ranging in color from light brown to dark, primarily used for necks because of the feel and the stability it provides. Balanced, resonant tone with notable sustain. Thick bottom end, rich midrange, and controlled, warm top end. Found from southern Mexico through Central America and south to Brazil and Bolivia.
We are pleased to present these very detailed specifications for your 2019 Breedlove acoustic guitar, which was crafted in Bend, Oregon. In addition to dimensions, we have listed every piece of wood in this model: its common name, scientific name, and country where the tree grew. We use no clear-cut wood. We either salvage dead trees or individually harvest to minimize the impact on the forest. You can travel globally with your Breedlove worry free. No permits are needed. That said, it might be helpful to have this information on hand if you are traveling internationally. We suggest printing out this information and carrying it with your guitar to avoid any misunderstanding or timely waits with border customs officials.
- Sound Optimization
- Top Finish Satin open pore
- Back and side finish Satin open pore
- Body Shape Concertina
- cutaway None
- headstock shape Wave
- scale length 25.0"
- number of frets 18
- nut width 1.75"
- lower bout width 14.75"
- waist width 8.64"
- upper bout width 10.828"
- body length 19.08"
- body depth at neck 3.25"
- body depth at tailblock 4"
- sound hole diameter 3.875"
- tuners Breedlove, nickel
- electronics LR Baggs EAS
- string gauge D'Addario EXP 16's
- case Deluxe hard shell
- Wood and Animal Contents
- Top Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- Back and Sides Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- neck Honduran mahogany \ Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- fretboard African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Cameroon
- bridge African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Republic of Congo
- headstock overlay African ebony | Diospyros crassiflora | Republic of Congo
- body binding None
- body purfling None
- fretboard binding None
- fretboard purfling None
- headstock binding None
- headstock purfling None
- bracing Sitka spruce | Picea sitchensis | United States
- back strip / side brace Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- kerfing African Mahogany | Khaya senegalensis | Republic of Congo
- bridge plate Eastern hard rock maple | Acer saccharum | United States
- neck / tailblock Honduran mahogany | Swietenia macrophylla | Guatemala
- bridge truss na
- logo Polyester
- fretboard inlay Polyester
- nut / saddle Bone | Bubalus bubalis | China