Lu’au Concert Ukulele Natural Shadow E Ukuleles
Kim Breedlove was always at his best when he was designing and handcrafting stringed instruments. From walking and exploring the koa forests of Hawaii - to his home workshop in Bend, Oregon where he experimented with nuances in ukulele body design - the ukulele was one of Kim’s true passions.
We have combined Kim’s original concert body shape with his adoration for Myrtlewood – a tonewood he discovered decades ago growing on the Oregon Pacific Coast - which results in vibrantly stunning tonal energy which delivers more sound than traditional koa ukuleles.
For 2019, Breedlove is excited to introduce four Lu’au Concert Ukuleles… each designed in Bend, Oregon, crafted in China from Oregon myrtlewood, design based on Kim’s custom shape and bracing.
- Lu’au Concert Ukulele Natural Shadow E Specifications
- Body Type Concert Ukulele
- Neck Wood Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Myrtlewood
- Top Finish Natural Shadow Gloss
- Back & Side Finish Aged Toner Gloss
- Fretboard Ovangkol
- # Frets 17
- Nut Width 1.42"
- Tuners Hardware Nickel Open Gear
- Lower Bout Width 8"
- Waist Width 4.7"
- Upper Bout Width 5.75"
- Body Length 11.2"
- Body Depth 2.24" (neck), 2.68" (tail)
- String Gauge Aquila Super Nylgut
- Pickup UK-T1
- Bridge Ovangkol
- Binding Tortoise
- Inlay Centered Dots
- Case None
- Scale Length 15"
- Sound Hole 2.185"
- Crafted In China